Information Collection and Use
Information You Provide to Us
The only personal information about you that we collect is information you voluntarily share with us or that we obtain from public sources for the purpose of providing the Services you request from us. This information may include:
- Information automatically collected from whatever messaging platform you use when you access our chatbot Services. For instance, if you access our chatbot Services via Facebook Messenger, we will collect certain information from your public Facebook profile in order to facilitate our Services to you. This information may include an anonymized, unique Facebook identifier (an alias programmatically generated by Facebook) and your name, gender and location (country and city).
- Information you provide while using our chatbot Services. Depending upon the specific chatbot, this information may include, solely at your option and only as applicable to your specific use of our Services, one or more of the following types of information: your email address, date of birth, location, account or reservation number (as applicable), and other information relevant to your chatbot inquiry. We collect only such personal information during a chatbot session as is reasonably necessary to provide the assistance you are requesting via the chatbot Services, including product inquiries and transactions.
- Information you provide when you request a demonstration of our chatbot Services. Such information may include your name, job title, company, phone number and email address.
- Information you provide if you choose to receive marketing communications from us, including your name, email address, physical address and phone number.
- Records and copies of your correspondence, including email address, if you contact us.
- Details of any other transactions you carry out through our Services.
We will only use your personal information (i) for the purpose you provided it, such as to present the Services and its content to you, (ii) to notify you about msg.ai events, products or services, if you have opted in to receive such communications from us, and (iii) for the purpose of aggregated statistical analysis regarding how you and others use our Services, in order to improve our Services. For any other use, we will first obtain your explicit consent.
All personal information collected during a chatbot session is retained by msg.ai only for the duration of your chatbot session and is deleted from msg.ai files and servers when the chatbot session is closed. We may retain data collected during a chatbot session that has been anonymized (so that it doesn’t identify you or any other individual) indefinitely and use such data for analytical and other purposes.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you use our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies, such as Google Analytics, to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personally identifiable information. We use this information solely for internal purposes, such as to improve our Website.
For our Website only, the technologies we use for automatic data collection include cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser.
When you access our Services via a mobile device, we may use technology to automatically detect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use our chatbot Services, we may automatically collect certain details of such access and use, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our Services.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, operating system, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- Location Information. Our Services may collect real-time information about the location of your device, including GPS coordinates.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
We will not disclose your personal information to any third party outside of our organization, other than:
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of msg.ai's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by msg.ai about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may do the following at any time by contacting us at email@example.com:
- Opt out of any future contact from us (but you can always subsequently opt back in).
- Obtain access to any personal information we have about you.
- Change, correct, or have us delete any personal information we have about you.
- Object to any processing of your personal information.
- Receive your personal information from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit your personal information to another controller without hindrance from us (data portability).
- Express any concern you have about our use of your personal information.
We have implemented technical and organizational measures, appropriate to the risk, designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. These measures include pseudonymization and encryption of personal information as appropriate. If we ever experience a security breach with respect to your personal information, we will comply with all legal requirements regarding notifications to regulatory authorities and to you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted via our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention by any third party of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Services.
Any personal information provided during a chatbot session is automatically deleted as soon as the chatbot session ends. Other personal information will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary to provide our Services to you. We also may retain your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your personal information, we may continue to retain and use data that has been aggregated or anonymized so that it can no longer be used for personal identification.
Information Relating to Children
Questions and Comments